Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chocolate Bread

Chocolate!!!!

No, no, no.....this post is not about chocolate bread. Although that is a direct translation of the name of these cute little yummy cookies that I make whenever THAT chocolate need comes over me. So, I make these just about every day. Not really. But I wish I had the metabolism (and genes) that I could! :-) So today I had that chocolate need again. Since we're doing the Biggest Loser weight loss club at work, and yes I'm in it, I don't plan on eating too many of these. I'm gonna eat "just enough." I have no willpower. Just wait and see. Although that wedding of ours in October is a pretty strong goal for loosing a few pounds. :-)

Here's the recipe:


100 g of butter or margarine
0.75 dl of sugar (1/3 cup)
2.5 dl of all-purpose flour (1 cup)
1/2 egg (save the other half for later, or do like me,
double the recipe!!!!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cocoa

You may want to bring out your butter in advance to soften it a little.

Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix until crumbles form.
Take about half the crumbles and squeeze into a ball of dough (yes, with your hands).
Shape the ball into a long cylinder (roll against your counter), and place it on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
With your fingers, flatten the cylinder until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Whip up the remaining egg and slather on top of the dough pieces with a brush. I add pearl sugar on mine which is a large crystal version of sugar. You can use regular sugar or sprinkles or whatever you want. Nuts work too. Bake in the over for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Let the cookies cool for a minute (really don't wait too long!!!), then cut on the diagonal, about 1/2 inch wide.
Let them cool completely. Eat. Or as I'd like to do: inhale, chug glass of cold milk. Repeat. :-)

2 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

oh, I love simple and sweets recipes. Thanks, they look yummy.

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Yum! Just enough for chocolate cravings. I've got to try it. Thanks for sharing.