Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Kane!



Sweetpea. Baby Kane. Kane-kane. Cutiepie.

Last weekend was your 5th birthday. You are my constant companion, my second love, my buddy, my protector, the best dog that ever walked a bride down the aisle, my joy and my happiness.

Right now I watch you take a nap on your spot on the couch. One of the few moments you actually stay still! That spot on the couch where you can simultaneously keep an eye on the patio door, the yard outside, the cats upstairs and where your people are and what they're up to. You're awake in a nano-second if I even hint at going upstairs (cats!), getting a treat from the pantry, picking up my keys (car ride!).

Oh, how I love you. How much fun we have together and how much we are going to have this year.

This is the year when I plan for us to get some titles in Schutzhund. Maybe a 1 and a 2, and maybe something else - who knows? Some good hikes, camping, car rides. You've learned to go with us on mountain bike rides as well.

Thank you, Kane. For being in my life. For licking my face. For snuggling up with me on the couch and keeping my feet warm. For protecting me, making me feel safe. For showing me just how much joy there is in life, for slowing me down to enjoy everything with you. For bringing me new friends through schutzhund. For loving me back and making my heart feel like it's overflowing. For filling a void in my life I never knew I had. Happy 5th birthday (4/3/2010). I love you lots.

~Mom

5 comments:

Lisa said...

OK--where are the tissues? My goodness, how I miss my puppy! I don't know if I told you, but I used to have a German Shep too. Long story. Happy Bday Kane!

Mrs. JP said...

Happy Birthday Kane!! You are a good boy. My favorite picture is the one of Kane heeling beside you. You can tell his focus is YOU. You gotta love a companion like him.

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Happy Belated Barkday Kane! Sorry we missed it. We hope your mom gave you lots of treats and perhaps baked you a cake.

Lots of sloppy kisses,
Samantha & June

Unknown said...

God, how wonderfully written.........
(sniff). Happy Belated Birthday from us too, Kane!

Janice said...

I hope you made him a (white) chocolate cake! Happy Birthday Kane!